Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon 21/10/10 - 16 Pane mosaic (nearly there...)

AndyUK

Well, it is that time of the month again when the moon floods everything else out, and after having a good play with my new guidecamera (which unfortunately I can't mount yet :)), I thought I'd have another go.

My 2 previous attempts had both left holes, but thanks to JGS01's tips about using imerge to drop the AVI's, aliging the camera N-S, E-W and setting the exposure for the brightest part before starting, this time it ran like clockwork.

(SPC880/9000, WXAstroCapture (exposure 1/500, 10fps, 1200 frames, 16 AVI's), AVIStack (wavelets applied per pane), Microsoft ICE and then a quick tartup in CS5).

There does seem to be something odd going on in the centre (1/3 towards edge at 7pm) and there's also a strange "nick" on the edge at 8pm - It looks as though ICE hasn't been able to stitch a couple of panes correctly (:)?)... which is a shame as I was fairly pleased with the rest of it. Oh well, there's always another night!

Archived