740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

EOS 1000D modification

NickMorris

Hi there,

I was also thinking of getting a 1000D to start in astrophotography and have the following questions:-

Do I get the filter removed or replaced?

I am located in London, is this worth pursuing bearing in mind the light pollution and trying to image DSO's?

I've read about Ha and CLS clip in filters for the 1000D. Is this the route to go down, if the answer to the above is yes......

thanks

photonboy

I removed the filter from my 1000D and didn't replace it with anything and it works very nicely. It's only used for astro work so I don't have to worry about the autofocus issues.

As for LP, it would be a uphill battle depending on where in London you are. We were to the south and LP wasn't too bad and I remember there was someone who used to post some great images who lived in London so you might be able to get some good results.:)

If you decide to do the Mod. bear in mind the warranty on you camera becomes void.

There is no need to replace the filter, unless you wish to have the cameraa with dual use capability.

The Mod is not difficult if you are very careful, and follow the step by step procedures as depicted in the excellent tutorial by Gary Honis.

Ron.