SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

this did make me smile

starstalker

just found this article about a chap in Ireland that discovered a super nova,all fair enough and well done to him but what made me laugh was the labeling the Mail have put around the picture of the inside of his obsy!!:):D see if u can spot the deliberate mistake and also how they labeled his wife and table lamp!!

Astronomer Dave Grennan discovers 290million-year-old 'supernova' exploding star from his garden shed | Mail Online

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's dedication to the hobby. The house looks like it could do with more than a little TLC but the contents of that obs has had some serious £££ spent on it. An understanding wife is obviously the key to success.

That CCD camera looks a bit like a finder to me. :)
:)

Now don't get me wrong, Mrs Seedy is great, but if that was my obervatory I don't think she would be allowed in there.

Actually - if that was my observatory she wouldn't want to go in there in thge first place. :)

Nice set-up but the guy has even gone as far as to have a 1st aid kit and put a sign on the observatory door stating "OBSERVATORY" hummmm

i owuld love to have that in my garden though.

I wouldn't love the rest of the country to know it was in my garden though!

no, thats one of them new wireless ccd cameras!!:)

And off-axis too! Cool! If someone could just explain the light path between main OTA and CCD.... :)

Damn no longer accepting comments - I wanted to post that I prefer my wife to control the astronomer with the "joystick" rather than the keyboard. :p
Sssshhhhh! Remember this is the DM we're quoting. You'll get us all banned!

I'm wondering a bit about that first aid box, would be a bit of a shock to find it's full of eyepieces.... Also the 'dumbell' (sic) counterweights. Someone convince me, would you invest in an AP1200 and then put counterweights off a dumb-bell on it?

Archived