Narrowband

Southern Imaging day...

Keiran

I reckon it will have to be a paying event to cover the costs of the venue and speakers. Not to mention a lunch if everyone wants one.

Don't mind paying, but i think we could all arange our own food if that is ok with the venue, will keep the cost down:glasses1:

Also, are we bring our scopes and bits with us to show and get advice or is this to much for the first meet..just an idea

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, hugh spoke to surry uni, and for sandwichs and and room hire for the day is £40+pp here is what they sent him...

http://portal.surrey.ac.uk/portal/page?_pageid=750,669312&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

I have spoken to my partner, whom works in Langstone Hotel....

£35.50- Arrival tea, coffee and mini croissants,

Mid morning tea, coffee biscuits,

Lunch, two course buffet lunch in the brasserie restaurant

afternoon tea, coffee and mini doughnuts.....

Any thoughts??

Keiran

That all sounds okay to me, £40 for food etc then some on top for a speaker.

What I can't see in this thread is peoples expectations for the day.

Is it a newbies/relative newbies guide to imaging, basics/hints/tips/how too's/improve your techniques and all that, which is the kind of thing I'm looking for....

I hope that's not thrown a spanner in the works!

Cheers

Neil

Langston Hotel sounds really good. Stayed there once, nice. One of the things I would like to get from this course is, how to take photo's through my LX90 using my EOS 5D. What equipment would I need, how to set it all up, etc. Hope this can be included in the course.

Clear sky's, Chris.

Langston Hotel sounds great to me and a good price too:), I assume that the speakers will need some expenses too? thats not unreasonable to expect, so I'm assuming £50 to £60.

Put me down if thats a goer.:eek:

John

The Mullard Space Lab doesn't look to be a goer. There is no direct contact with them, only thru UCL Estates and Facilities Department and no contact name. I've e-mailed and will chase, but won't hold my breath!

You cant really arrange this to be on a night as well as its a large chance it will be cloudy, I think just a day thing would be better unless it was held at a star party

The first imaging day was just a day thing and worked very well from what people wrote. There was a bit solar viewing/imaging i think.

Archived