Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31... at last!

ollypenrice

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wonderful picture, what an amazing picture, the heart of the galaxy is not burn at all and we can have a good seeing about M32(or M110), what is the setup for having a kind of picture?.

Arnaud

Thanks to all. It is a real treat to share results on this forum.

Arnaud, I took this with a guest using a Takahashi FSQ85ED with focal reducer and an Atik 4000 mono CCD using Baader LRGB filters. Guiding was with a new ST80 supplied by FLO and an Atik 16ic guide camera. The mount was an EQ6.

The image contains a small amount of data taken last year but at 450mm (no reducer).

Processing was in AstroArt, PixInsight and Photoshop plus Registar for adding and re-scaling old data.

Olly

I'm pretty sure we do, yes. When was it now...???

Olly

I seem to remember some in June Olly :)

But a really outstanding image. So much density and depth. You can really lose yourself in it.

I took my first M31 two weeks ago in between the clouds. Satisfying, but a long way to go. I can see myslef chasing this one for a long time.

It is inspiring to have great imagers on SGL showing what can be done to keep us plodders trying!

old_eyes

Archived