SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter: 19/10/10

Paul G. Abel

Greetings all,

Here's a quick drawing I made of Jupiter last night. Seeing was only average but a few of fine details could be seen. There is some nice structure in the STB and SSTB, along with some darker (and light) sections in the NEB. There were also some prominent dark sections in the NTB.

Best wishes,

-Paul.

Jupiter_191010_PAbel.jpg

That's really good - I was doing a sketch at the same time (22.30) and saw some similar markings with my 102mm Mak. (Basically I'm looking at your sketch to confirm my newbie efforts.) I couldn't pick out any detail in the area north of the NEB - it seems I missed quite a distinct line.

I like your subtle color - I find it very hard to draw with colored pencils - is that what you are using?

At some points I could see the SEB distinctly as a faint line. Is it coming back? I was pleased to see some width and gradations in tone in the NEB - a first for me.

Archived