Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EPs fogging up!?

Keep the top caps on when you're not using them. When they do fog, cause they will, you can just shake a piece of paper close to them as the air flow will make it evaporate. If the night is too much prone to dew then a portable hair drier will solve it.

I keep my eyepieces a little warmer than the outside temperature - in their foam lined case. This seems to stop them fogging. Some eyepiece designs seem more prone to fogging than others though.

Keep the top caps on when you're not using them. When they do fog, cause they will, you can just shake a piece of paper close to them as the air flow will make it evaporate. If the night is too much prone to dew then a portable hair drier will solve it.

this is a great tip Paulo! I normally wave my hand but am forever knocking things in the dark!

I put mine under the grill with the temp at absolute minimum, when the eyepieces are very cold & therefore mist up with the slightest breath or even from moisture on the eye. (Not actually on the grill-tray itself though !

Alan

Archived