My website down

Astro_Baby

Just to let anyone know who may be seeking my guides and stuff my website is currently down.

There is a widespread web attack in the US which has disabled a collection of large server farms.

My own site is based off one of my servers in Amsterdam but I have had to shut down my server on the request of my hosting company to limit the risk of the infection (whatever it is) spreading.

If your trying to get access to my site, or even some others, and not geting any luck its probably because several large hosting companies have been hit in a wave of attacks.

JUst thought I;d let you know in case anyone though given my intention of selling up that I had killed off my own site - theres no intention at all to do that.

Hope you are back up soon AB, yours is one of the best sites ive seen for equipment reviews, guides and astro' information ive come across so far - and ive looked at a lot -you should see my favorites file, it's huge!

Never, ever, sell the Tal..........!

All the best!

Doc

Agree with Doc...I was Tal-less for several months and was thoroughly miserable - silly, but true. I've now got a new 100RS and am happy again:hello2:..

..and it is NOT my best or biggest scope, but there is just something about the Tal construction, appearance, smell (yes, smell) and other intangibles that make them feel so "right".:D

For what you would get secondhand, Mel, keep it and enjoy it:D

regards

Dave

Agree with Doc...I was Tal-less for several months and was thoroughly miserable - silly, but true. I've now got a new 100RS and am happy again:hello2:..

..and it is NOT my best or biggest scope, but there is just something about the Tal construction, appearance, smell (yes, smell) and other intangibles that make them feel so "right".:p

For what you would get secondhand, Mel, keep it and enjoy it:D

regards

Dave

i know what you mean... Ive got 3 pairs of Russian bino's and they all smell great ... I stick my beak in the case's now and again for a niff :):D

BTW..congrats on the Tal :)

Guy

Guy

I'm intrigued to know what the smell is exactly that keeps Coco and others sniffing their equipment.....Ohhh Errrr Madam! :):eek: Does it smell of goulash, Russian tank lubricant, eight foot snow drifts? C'mon spill the beans as I feel I'm missing out!

James

I'm intrigued to know what the smell is exactly that keeps Coco and others sniffing their equipment.....Ohhh Errrr Madam! :):eek: Does it smell of goulash, Russian tank lubricant, eight foot snow drifts? C'mon spill the beans as I feel I'm missing out!

James

Well if the cold war kicks off again we'll be employed by the secret services so we cant say.... sorry.:)

James

Well if the cold war kicks off again we'll be employed by the secret services so we cant say.... sorry.:p

BTW: I hope AB your not going to leave us on the social side? :)

Guy..

Problem is hon I have about 2 dozen business ssrvers on this host - to transfer would mean reinstalling tons of code and would stretc h into weeks - at the moment all I can so is sit on my hands and wait for the host to sort it out.

Wherever you host tis is a risk - its ahppened before and no doubt will happen again.

Just heard from my host that they don't expect to make much progress for a few days and are now advising clients to go somewhere else.

The damage is fairly substantial to their systems and this isn't some tiny outfit either they handle hosting for some major players. It's starting to look very serious.

Because my business systems have to come first my astro site is probably offline for at least another week.

Naturally thanks to this I don't get to observe again which kind of makes me think of chucking it in but I feel too stressed right now to be rational about stuff like astro. It would seem easy to chuck it in but so many people have asked me to stay And have been mailing me about the site that I feel I have to carry on with it which is weighed up against me feeling that it's extra pressure I can live without.

Anyway thanks everyone for your support in what is being a very trying time, without wanting to open up too much my job is in jeopardy, my business is in ruins thanks to the web hosting situation, a software project which has taken two years to bring to fruition is blown away and to cap it off my eldest son has just totalled his car and ended up in hospital and my sister and I have fallen out over a blumming telescope of all things......sighs. Nuclear war would seem a light relief compared to the past two weeks.

RIGHT - listen up - please stop would people please read the forum and stip sending me PMs asking where the site has gone. ITs gone - but to try and help people who may have been staukc I have reloaded the site onto a temporary bit of web space I usually use for testing stuff on.

The site ISNT availbe through a google search or bby other means but onlyu via a direct link HERE

http://sparker62.brinkster.net/Astrobaby/

If you go there you can look at the site and hopefully get what you need.

Archived