SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stellarium for only £3 be quick!

OptiGone

Who are you, the GNU foundation? But I suspect that even they won't support such an interpretation of the GPL. So, no.

What they think is irrelevant. Involvement of the GNU Foundation is neither a requirement nor an expectation of any legal cases surrounding the use of it. Only the parties bound by the licence are involved in any given situation.

On re-reading the licence however, I do agree that it couldn't be stretched as far as I imagined. I got a bit carried away on that one :D but "IANAL", as they say...

The GPL, nonetheless, can have some peculiar side-effects.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You may charge any price or no price for each copy that you convey, and you may offer support or warranty protection for a fee.
Well, that's what it says... I can't believe any software manufacturer would agree to that. Crackers.

Even more crackers are the people who would buy it.

Well, that's what it says... I can't believe any software manufacturer would agree to that. Crackers.

Even more crackers are the people who would buy it.

Unfortunately Ebay is full of ignorant buyers who will buy absolutely anything they think is a bargain. Simple homework with google would have shown this to be FREE software......if they couldn't be bothered to do that they deserve to be ripped off.......why should we police Ebay?

I have 42 cases x 6 2litre bottles of fresh air, bottled and sealed near Kelling on sea. THIS IS GENUINE BOTTLED SEA BREEZE, AVOID CHEAP IMITATIONS. This once in a lifetime offer must end soon. Please send £5 + £2.99 P&P to;

R. Ippoff

Sea Breeze 2 U

2 Gullible Way,

Nether Ethical,

LO0 5ER

DISCLAIMER: GENUINE SEA BREEZE IS A NATURAL PRODUCT AND IS BOTTLED IN ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY RECLAIMED BOTTLES AND THEREFORE MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NATURALLY OCCURING SCENTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO; LEMONADE, COKE, CIDER, LAGER, METHYLATED SPIRITS OR CHIP FAT. SUCH ODOURS ARE NOT DETRIMENTAL TO OUR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRODUCT.

:D

I have 42 cases x 6 2litre bottles of fresh air, bottled and sealed near Kelling on sea. THIS IS GENUINE BOTTLED SEA BREEZE, AVOID CHEAP IMITATIONS. This once in a lifetime offer must end soon. Please send £5 + £2.99 P&P to;

R. Ippoff

Sea Breeze 2 U

2 Gullible Way,

Nether Ethical,

LO0 5ER

DISCLAIMER: GENUINE SEA BREEZE IS A NATURAL PRODUCT AND IS BOTTLED IN ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY RECLAIMED BOTTLES AND THEREFORE MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NATURALLY OCCURING SCENTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO; LEMONADE, COKE, CIDER, LAGER, METHYLATED SPIRITS OR CHIP FAT. SUCH ODOURS ARE NOT DETRIMENTAL TO OUR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRODUCT.

:)

I wouldn't be surprised if you got takers :D:D

R. Ippoff

Sea Breeze 2 U

2 Gullible Way,

Nether Ethical,

LO0 5ER

:D

Do you take PayPal?

SourceForge.net: Stellarium: Topic: Distribution abuse

If this is not one of the team then I stand corrected and apologise.

Who, Barry? I suggest a quick trip to stellarium.org:

developers

(...)

Tester: Barry Gerdes

(...)

If you haven't noticed, I participated in that thread too. :D

Anyway, the problem is not in charging money for distributing Stellarium, the problem is charging money for distributing Stellarium and not explaining that it is FLOSS and that it can be downloaded for free. See the difference?

Simple homework with google would have shown this to be FREE software......if they couldn't be bothered to do that they deserve to be ripped off.......why should we police Ebay?

Several things:

If they don't know the name of something, how they are supposed to Google it?

"If you don't wear military-grade body armor when going to the store, you obviously don't take your life seriously and deserve to have an AK-74 magazine emptied in you." Of course, this is reduction to the absurd and there is such thing as "due diligence", but the logic is the same.

"You" are not supposed to be actively patrolling eBay and looking for problems, but "you" are not supposed to be ignoring them if you come upon them by chance either. EBay's defensive mechanisms depend in part on the active participation of its users. If everyone just decided to ignore them with smug self-satisfaction, saying "this wouldn't happen to me", then, well...

R. Ippoff

Sea Breeze 2 U

2 Gullible Way,

Nether Ethical,

LO0 5ER

This guy catalogued in a series of blog posts some truly idiotic "paranormal" eBay offers:

A Place For My Stuff: Ebay Stuff

Who, Barry? I suggest a quick trip to stellarium.org:

If you haven't noticed, I participated in that thread too. :)

Anyway, the problem is not in charging money for distributing Stellarium, the problem is charging money for distributing Stellarium and not explaining that it is FLOSS and that it can be downloaded for free. See the difference?

I thought there would be only one 'Daggerstab' but you never know :p

I agree entirely with you and I am sure the guy will have the Karma descend on him from a great height eventually.

Wonderful program by the way , hats off and a big thanks...:D

I'm off now to buy some Werewolf Spirit Food for the Full Moon on the 23rd........

Archived