SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Deliveries and availability

FLO

A new thread for a new season :)

This year manufacturers, importers and distributors are even more cautious with stock levels than last year so some products might become difficult to source as the season progresses. We shall try our best to keep you updated with availability and delivery times :D

Please feel free to post on-topic questions, if we don't know the answer we'll do or best to find out.

HTH,

Steve

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Atik 314L-plus mono and colour CCD cameras are back in stock :D The Atik 16ic (and ics) is in short supply, it will most likely sell out before Christmas when we expect it will be officially replaced by the new Atik Titan, which is in stock. The Atik 383L-plus has undergone modification to overcome component shortages. Early tests are positive so Atik are cautiously predicting it will become available again around mid-November.

HTH

After a very long delay our delivery of William Optics Binoviewers has arrived. We have received less than requested but we have enough to cover all backorders and leave us with some on the shelves.

We have several emails from people asking to be notified when the binoviewer is back in stock. James and martin are currently doing that but if you have been waiting it might be a good idea to contact us to confirm your interest.

HTH

WOBinoviewer.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Steve.

The importers I deal with have had the exact same problems, add to that the shortage of containers shipping at the moment and it has been very much a lottery as to what arrives and what doesn't. I hope you guys aren't too badly affected during the busy season.

We are also having problems sourcing containers to ship goods. My (well not mine) company ships 2000 containers a week and even we are starting to find things harder (availability and cost)...

Good luck Steve - I hope things improve for you.

Ant

Are you having difficulties with availability of staff though? I'm not around during shop hours at the mo to phone you, but have sent two PMs since last week and not had a reply.

Also, any news on the SW replacement focusers at all?

ta!

Are you having difficulties with availability of staff though?

We are all present and correct :)

SGL's PM system wasn't designed for retail so it can be difficult to keep track of messages. The best way to contact us is via our helpdesk at the email displayed top-right of our website (and in my signature).

More HERE

If you would like me to phone this evening please PM (I will see it) your name and tel number. I know we already have both but I don't always relate SGL usernames to real names.

HTH,

Steve

I wasn't going to post, but I did place an order just over a week ago for an astro item and am still waiting for a dispatched notification. Some items must be difficult to re-stock at the mo.

Please PM me your name, I'll look into it. We try to keep people informed of delays, hence this thread, but when things get really busy we do sometimes fail. I know it isn't perfect but we try our very best - honest :)

Edit: Ah, I see james is on the case.

The reduced price Celestron 15x70 binoculars are back in stock so we will be dispatching orders today and tomorrow. The Celestron 'Best of' promo that enables us to offer them at this price finishes 1st Nov. We shall order a largish quantity during the final week which should enable us to continue offering them at £49.95 until around mid-Nov, then they will revert back to £75.

skymaster15x70po.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The Skywatcher Skyliner 200p Dobsonian is easily the UK's most popular Dobsonian telescope. Unfortunately it is currently unavailable! Another shipment is due later this month so we hope to begin clearing backorders in 7-10 days. Apologies for the delay.

Unfortunately they didn't arrive :)

I'll check with the importers when we re-open tomorrow/Monday then update this thread.

Sorry for the delays, all dealers are similarly affected.

Archived