SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

10-13-10

Agelesslink

first view of the moon with my binocs. it was the first time in three weeks that the moon was in my field of view. there was heavy cloud cover, but i was ablt to make out a few dark spots and the faintest hint of some craters and shadowing. everytime i could get my hand steady another cloud would obscure my view. the moon is very beatiful when looking through binoculars. i can only imagine how great it will look through a scope! :D

went back out a couple of hours later and there were no clouds :). got a good look at the moon this time and was very satisfied with my $15 binocs. lol im gonna go back out tomorrow and try to identify a few landmarks!

on another note i noticed a weird point of light in the sky. it was around 10 PM. in between perseus and cameliopardalis i saw a green and red light. the green was solid and the red was blinking. it was just weird because it didnt move. it was too high to be an antennae and i dont believe i would be able to see a satellite or something like that. im just curious as to what kind of aircraft it could have been. i was actually thinking it could have been a helicopter hovering, but while i was looking a helicopter crossed mmy field of view and it had white blinking lights. anyway this has been one of my best nights to date!!

Archived