SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SynScan and comets

Hi, just wondering if there is any way to input comet data into the Synscan goto? I cant see it in the manual.

This is a pretty new scope, so whta would be the easiest way to find comet Hartley - can you input RA Dec coord?

PS I have finally seen Comet Hartley in my binoculars!!

Yes, you can enter RA-Dec co-ordinates into the USER objects. From memory, I think it's number 9 on the keypad to get to the user objects. You're then offered the option to goto a previously stored object or edit one. Choose edit, and then choose the RA-Dec option, and voila: you can enter the co-ordinates and head right there.

I *think* I got a glimpse of it in my new 15x70 bins last night, but the skies here were awful. Really milky with haze.

Yes there is, It is in the User Defined data base as listed below.

I found the comet the other night and just edited the user database for later recall, so it does work, and very well I must add.

Archived