SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello all

Robroy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Robroy and welcome to the forum.

I believe you are right to do some research first before buying. If you stick to the main manufacturers (Meade, Celestron and Skywatcher) you wont go wrong and in addition, as these are popular manufacturers, any problems you might experience in the future can be met by help from this forum with people who own the exact same kit. A typical example might be that you want to upgrade the focuser in the future, well I know that someone on here will have done just that already for the same reasons you want to and so they can advise you how they did it, what they bought and from who. Also after you've posted 50 times on here, you will have access to the FOR SALE section which can offer used equipment such as scopes, eyepieces and other bits and bobs in good condition and at very attractive prices.

One last bit of advice if I may, and that is I would advise strongly that you look through kit first to get some idea of what your money will buy and whether it will meet your expectations. Look to see if you have a local astro club in your area or a local observing group who often run observation nights for the public as part of their outreach work.

Best of luck and clear skies

James

Great advice proto, I'll have to go posting mad and get my 50 up:)

Hi from me too - you'll soon get 50 posts on here and then you can see the 'for sale' section and maybe get a bargain. I;d not rush in too quick on the scope decision until you are sure what it is you want.

The 6SE is a nice scope though.

Archived