SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which focuser for WO FLT 132

I have recently bought a William Optics FLT 132. I am so disappointed with the performance of the focuser; the draw tube is a very loose fit. William Optics solution is to upgrade to either their DDG or Feather Touch focuser (at extra cost to me!). Does anyone have any experience of either of these?

If you want a significant upgrade, bite the bullet, talk to your bank manager and order the Feathertouch. The DDG is mechanically similar to the standard linear focuser, apart from the gubbins to provide the readout.

BTW you may be able to tune the standard focuser - there seem to be a lot of bits on my FLT 110 which I've never had to fiddle with which may affect positional slop - I did have to tighten the action to prevent slip using the "usual Crayford method" - note that you're supposed to do this adjustment with the focuser racked fully out to prevent possible distortion of the sliding tube.

Archived