Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The PROUD new owner of a Skymax MAK 127 :)

At LAST! I finally have the perfect 'scope (for now anyways) :( After all the trouble I had with my 130P (broken secondary, weather, collimating problems, weather, blah, blah, blah) I feel so happy to have my new Skymax MAK 127 :( I bought it second hand off a guy who had only had it a matter of weeks and had never used it. It's basically brand new. Everything was still in its original packaging/boxes and it was just like unwrapping an early chrissy pressie :hello2:It's totally perfect and I'm feeling very proud of my little 'scope right now (yes, it really is small compared to the 130P, the tube is a lot shorter) it's cute and I like it :p

Now it's just a matter of waiting for these pesky clouds to shifts (yes, I've done it again folks, bought a new 'scope and cursed you all) sorry!

Oh, and I can't believe how lucky I was to buy a SupaTrak 127 and get the GOTO mount with it (the one with the rounded, stainless steel legs) the SupaTrak mount usually comes with the square, aluminium legs. It's more sturdy than the aluminium one and it means that I could fit my GOTO handset holder onto the mount legs because they're round. Oh, and this one has the silver and black mount instead of all black. Woop Woop! :(

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, here's the little beauty in all its glory...

post-20703-133877491454_thumb.jpg

post-20703-13387749146_thumb.jpg

post-20703-133877491465_thumb.jpg

post-20703-133877491473_thumb.jpg

post-20703-133877491479_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

I can't believe how lucky I was to buy a SupaTrak 127 and get the GOTO mount with it (the one with the rounded, stainless steel legs) the SupaTrak mount usually comes with the square, aluminium legs. It's more sturdy than the aluminium one and it means that I could fit my GOTO handset holder onto the mount legs because they're round. Oh, and this one has the silver and black mount instead of all black. Woop Woop! :)

Hello buddy,

congrats on the new scope, it looks awesome.

Am i right in thinking that the 127 SupaTrak now comes with the silver GOTO "style" mount as standard? and would it just be a case of plugging in a SynScan AZ handset to upgrade to a full SynScan AZ GOTO scope?? !!! sounds good but would that work, have you tried yours yet?

I ask this because i am thinking of getting one and it would be nice to be able to upgrade to full GOTO functionality in the future.

Cheers, Paul.

I would be interested to know the same thing, having been reading around I like the look of the SupaTak non go to version, but it would be nice to know if it could in future be "upgraded" by just plugging in a GoTo handset.

At the moment I'm not keen on the idea of starting with a GoTo mount in case it would make me lazy.

Ordered the same scope last week with the SynScan GoTo mount :eek:.

Only problem is everybodys out of stock at the moment :D.

They were supposed to be in middle of April now they say next week :).

Ha heard that one before.;)

hin o/p. the 127mm is a fantastic scope. i have the skywatcher version, and for me its ideal for my moon pics i post. the quality of the optics and a long 1500mm f/l makes the pics sharp. a good allround scope. enjoy your first light. the wait is woth it.

peter

I can't believe how lucky I was to buy a SupaTrak 127 and get the GOTO mount with it (the one with the rounded, stainless steel legs) the SupaTrak mount usually comes with the square, aluminium legs. It's more sturdy than the aluminium one and it means that I could fit my GOTO handset holder onto the mount legs because they're round. Oh, and this one has the silver and black mount instead of all black. Woop Woop! :)

Hello buddy,

congrats on the new scope, it looks awesome.

Am i right in thinking that the 127 SupaTrak now comes with the silver GOTO "style" mount as standard? and would it just be a case of plugging in a SynScan AZ handset to upgrade to a full SynScan AZ GOTO scope?? !!! sounds good but would that work, have you tried yours yet?

I ask this because i am thinking of getting one and it would be nice to be able to upgrade to full GOTO functionality in the future.

Cheers, Paul.

That's a fine looking telescope especially with the round stainless steel legs (not square) but round :).

Gotta love your excitement, thinking about it I was like a kid in a sweety shop when I got mine.

Paul

Archived