Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First look at Saturn

blinky

Finally managed to stay up late enough to see Saturn. Am I glad I did :D What a wonderfull sight! Lovely creamy planet could clearly see the rings and I also think I saw Titan? Maybe? Anyway felt a bit strange talking to myself in the back garden at 1am, was muttering away to myself saying how wonderfull and beautifull it was.

Will deff be revisiting Saturn time and time again, only came inside as the wind was getting up and Saturn was doing a right old dance round the EP!

Next time I will get the ToUCam on it to see what I can do.

What a great hobby this is!

First sight of saturn is one of those moments that always stays with you in astronomy!

I must 100% agree with that. It is not so far ago for me but I believe that this moment will stay with me forever.

I'm glad for you Blinky that you also see Saturn.

Saso

• 2 weeks later...

Weather up here has been Rubbish all week :D:) So I have not had another chance to get out. I really want to get the 3X Barlow on it and try some more imaging of it. Everbody at work was quite impressed when they saw the photo I printed out and one person is now seriously thinking of getting a scope (Although he lives in a block of flats and thinks he will be able to point it out the window :()

Archived