Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

bcfcciderhead

RED FLASHING LIGHTS ON SUPATRAK CONTROLLER

Hi guys, last night i had about 15mins of viewing before the scope stopped moving and had 2 red flashing buttons, set and go, no other buttons worked and of course it would not move the scope, i unpluged the power for a few mins put it back on and it worked for a little while then done it again, nothing in the manual to say why it does this, so i'm guessing it could be low battery power?....any clues guys?

Thanks Leegsi, i bought the mount secound hand with batterys still in, so not sure how old they are, but like you pretty sure is low power, got a set on charge so will try them later

Cheers Gary, i was thinking of something the same but a bit unsure of what type, watts, amp etc.

How do you manage with it being outside? plug etc in the damp air, i use a dark site away from home so need to travel, i have a car starter with a 3 pin plug socket so that can be used.

Any one know of something i car plug into the car to run the mount?

Cheers Gary, i was thinking of something the same but a bit unsure of what type, watts, amp etc.

How do you manage with it being outside? plug etc in the damp air, i use a dark site away from home so need to travel, i have a car starter with a 3 pin plug socket so that can be used.

Any one know of something i car plug into the car to run the mount?

Hi chap.

As for running it off of a car - i dont know - i use electric from home. Just run an extension lead out to where i observe, plug in the adaptor an away i go! Regards the dew, condensation and electricity etc - i ALWAYS fit an RCD in the house socket(indoors), then run the extension from that. If (god forbid!) anything nasty is going to happen, then the RCD should trip out before any harm befalls me or anyone else. It works flawlessly, even under high moisture that i seem to keep getting in the run up to midnight!

Its a 12 volt system so you should be able to run this from your car cigar lighter socket, so long as it is fused at one end or the other, but remember, it will run your battery down, so if you take it to a dark site just think about starting the car to get home, this is why mostly all people opt for the 17 Amp/hr dry cell rechargeable option, which will run most scopes for a nights viewing.

i got one of those car starters as Sirius starseed said which has a 3pin plug and cigar sockets so will use that