SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kielder Spring SP 2011

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to get there on tuesday? We can't stay Sunday night in spring, but would like the extra night to get ourselves sorted after the journey up.

So arrive tues and leave Sunday....will drop a cheque in the post when we get back from Mull.

Cheers

Mike & Jen

Kev

The spring event is the curtain raiser for the campsite next year (after its winter closure) so it might be worth asking Jane if she would open on the Tuesday for early comers.

Also: the campsite has agreed to fit hoods over the toilet block's external lighting so if you go at times other than star camps (for which all lighting is switched off) you can do astronomy. Makes a huge difference. There will also be other campsite improvements in the pipeline for next year.

It's worth pointing out that when we do starcamps we are the only ones on the campsite as it is closed to the general public, allowing us full rein to do what we like with lighting, movements on and off the site, etc.

Looking to the future, the 9th Kielder Forest Autumn Star Camp will be from the 26 - 31 October 2011, again with options to come earlier if you wish.

Cheers

Richard

• 1 month later...

Hi Janine,

Have a look round here - Kielder Forest Star Camp

This will give you some idea of the event, what's in the area and a booking link to Lynn - mailto:lynnhenderson@blueyonder.co.uk

The spring event has limited spaces. If you fancy it don't wait too long. Elec pitches go very quickly. Honest.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Dave.

• 1 month later...
Bump to remind people! Many going?

I will get a cheque paid to you this weekend! Sorry! Been incredibly busy!

That's good to hear! btw, you're missing an 'm' in yr sig link...nice looking website though....do you do an SGL discount? :)

See you at Kielder!

Mike

Dave,

The Autumn bookings start after the Spring event is over. It keeps things simple. Keep an eye out on - Kielder Forest Star Camp This is where Richard announces the booking details.

It's worth noting again that Jan & Walt can be contacted for dates outside the " Official " times on - 01434 250291

See you in March. Thermals at the ready.

Dave.

Dave,

The Autumn bookings start after the Spring event is over. It keeps things simple. Keep an eye out on - Kielder Forest Star Camp This is where Richard announces the booking details.

It's worth noting again that Jan & Walt can be contacted for dates outside the " Official " times on - 01434 250291

Dave.

Ta muchly Dave. You won't see me in March, weather a bit hit and miss for my liking! Definitely there in autumn with the Astrochat gang though, I will keep an eye on Richard's website.

We're taking no chances this time....have just got some new LJ's, a fleece balaclava and some over mitts! But then we are southern softies!

See you in about 7 weeks... if not at astrofest

:icon_eek:

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Lo Everyone

Just a reminder to everyone hoping to come to this event, We are now down to the last Seven non hook up pitches on the bottom field. :)

Also anyone who has made a provisional booking with Lynn but not paid yet please be quick as the cutoff date is the 2nd of February, after that date the pitches will be released to those on the waiting list. :(

Cheers

Lo Malc

£10 non hook-up and £12 hook-up.

Details here < Sunderland Astronomical Society>

I will let Richard know about the update fubar ;)

Can't see any pricing details on Kielder Forest Star Camp how much do these parties cost ?

Just an observation, the website has an incorrect "last updated" date of 15th Nov 2011 - might want to notify the developers ...

any news on the long range forcast yet? I'm ordering some snow socks for the motor...and packing a shovel too! I figure the more umbrellas, deicer and general anti-weather investments the better....and I'm definately leaving sunglasses at home!

That way the weather gods will be please with the respect i've given them and embarrass my new high-def cloud observation and analysis rig by cursing me wityh clear frosty nights...

Archived