Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 again - happier now!

MartinB

Last night I put together the data from Thursday night. It was troubled by poor flats and gradients. Having decided the data was poor I tried to beat it into submission and posted last night. This morning I was very embarrased about the image submitted!

This is a more careful bit of work and I'm pleased.

To recap Scope Tak FSQ106 with 0.73 reducer - F3.7

Camera: QHY8

16x10min subs

Captured and combined with Maxim. Processed using CCDstack, Pixinsight and PS.

Here is the original effort from last night :(http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/116195-slightly-rough-m31.html

post-12794-133877490313_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys

Perfect colour in first one and star colour very nice, does not need saturating.

John.

Thanks for that John. I spend ages uming and ahhing about saturation so nice to have that feedback.

That is an absolute beauty Martin. Such a hard object yet you have made it look easy. Sure sign of a winning image for me. I love the warm glow from the core and the shift into blue in the spirals, the breathing space around the galaxy, in fact everything...

How come you didn't use the QSI on this?

Olly

PS I know you're 'not listening, not listening' but PixInsight would lose that background colour change along the right hand vertical side of the pic... (Sorry, I am now one of the evengelist fundamentalists!!)

Thats much better Martin. I like the saturated version personally.

Ollys right about the blue artifacts and Pixinsight too :D Not only that, PI has a neat little tool which will give a natural colouring to the background and the stars, as it takes the colour of the galaxy as a standard for 'white', and then adjusts the other colours accordingly. A sort of cheat version of using a G2V star as I understand it :)

Olly

PS I know you're 'not listening, not listening' but PixInsight would lose that background colour change along the right hand vertical side of the pic... (Sorry, I am now one of the evengelist fundamentalists!!)

:p:D:D:D:evil6::D:evil6::)

well it makes me laugh

Harry

That's a fantastic image Martin. I'm looking in vain for the "Beat into submission"'menu option in PixInsight - perhaps it's a PS only option :D

James

I think the developers are working on it. There's going to be a showallarization uplift process along with prettyupalution dynamic rendering. Should be good when they have it sorted.

Archived