Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help help help help

Got my lovely new skywatcher heritage 130p for my birthday end of June! Then the clouds started rolling in and since the only times i've been free to look at the skys its either too cloudy or i'm too :( after a glass or two! I'm keeping an eye on the weather for a clear sky, and also looking at stellarium to see what's there to see. What i would really love is advice on eye pieces, i have a 10mm and 25mm eye piece supplied with scope but i'm still not clear on which is best for what! I would love to see Jupiter or Saturn and the surface of the moon is on the cards too, just waiting for it to come into view. Any help, on what extras I should get would be so much appreciated. I know some of you have already advised me previously but I really have been so unlucky with the weather (I live in Wales) I feel like any extra advice would be useful x

A 32mm or 40mm EP for widefield (nebulae etc) and maybe a decent 5mm for lunar and planetary work would be good. As for the weather, I live in the North East and I get very few cloudless nights that coincide with me being able to observe. Stick with it, the rewards are there for the patient.

I'm in the same boat and I have asked a question about ep's in the equipment help section of the forums..I have also found star hopping a different game and have found that I need an enhancment to the supplied finderscope. I have gone for this http://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog

/Telrad_Red_Dot_Finder.html

I have also purchased this book:

Turn Left at Orion: A Hundred Night Sky Objects to See in a Small Telescope - and How to Find Them: Amazon.co.uk: Guy Consolmagno, Dan M. Davis: Books

and im going to buy red light torch so i can read the book in the dark without ruining my night vision!:(

The 32mm and 40mm will be not good for many people in a Heritage 130p. Some people will manage OK, but some will find the shadow of the secondary objectionable.

A 4mm "1.25" 58 Degree TMB Designed Planetary" from Sky's The Limit at £36 will give you the maximum sharp magnification from your scope and provide good views of the moon and planets.

Archived