Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Awsome Mars

OXO

Hi Chaps,

I was out 5 hours last night taking inn Mars and what a wonderfull nights observing both with the Skymax 127 and the Skywatcher 8" Mars is soooooo big now i would ask you all take a look now if the weather permits it's well worth it!

Here's the first of my Mars images just processed from last night with the 8" scope, i have done some with the Skymax aswell.

image.jpg 720 frames stacked and 10mm ep and 2x barlow used.

James :)

I am really chuffed with these images i set myself a target of getting images like these a couple of months back and i am pleased to get them. Theres much better out there but i am well happy :).

Thanks

Awesome set of images James. Fantastic detail, especially from the 8".

Good to see you're getting a good deal of clear nights. I haven't imaged Mars now since the 18th Sept (only have 2 images in total). Had a look last week but the seeing awful. Been solid cloud ever since. It's like a throw back to the 2003 opposition.

Lets hope some clear skies come our way soon.

Russ

Hi Rog,

That last image was stacked from 1500 Frames i joined two AVI files together so i had more frames to Stack and better S/N ratio. I also mostly edited the image in photoshop unlike the other images this left a more natural feel to the image and not looking over processed. Extremely happy with the images but the last one is deff my fav.

Thanks Rog..

Archived