Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

'Tis me, myself, in person, personally

iBozz

Who am I? Well, the last time I looked in the mirror I looked like Me. And very handsome I looked too, although I must remember to get the bathrroom light repaired so that I can actually see something.

Why am I called iBozz? Well, why not? It came out top of the all time list of names which parents would under no circumstances choose to call their offspring. And I've been called it (sans the trendy leading "internet i") since given the name by a schoolteacher back in the days well before "A" levels became unbelievably easy. I mean, I had to save a book and a half of Greenshield stamps to get mine.

What do I do for a living? I'm a retired intinerant and self-employed freelance Mountebank, Charlatan and Purveyor of Synthetic Recycled Silicon Snake Oil to the Congenitally Gullible and Terminally Stupid - or IT Security Consultant as my CV misleadingly claimed.

In what am I interested? Avoiding creditors; collecting toothbrush bristles; Rugby Union; Cryptic crosswords; cryptography; and Multiple Sclerosis research. And astronomy, of course, I nearly forgot that.

What computer have I got? A 27" 2.8GHz quad-core iMac with 4GB RAM running under MacOSX.6.4; a G4 eMac and a G4 Tower, both under Tiger and all three running, inter alia, Folding@Home distributed computing medical research for Stanford University 24/7.

Why did I join Stargazers Lounge? I stumbled across a thread whilst looking for an online user manual for a piece of kit. I didn't find it, but the trade name brought up a thread about some binoculars made by the same company. I liked what I saw and as I'm interested in, but totally ignorant about, astronomy I though I'd stay. Also, I liked the sheer bravado of a site so dedicated to the abolition of the possessive apostrophe taht they omit it from the title. Greengrocer's the world over will be s'erious'ly impres'sed!

So here I am, for better or for worse. Your loss is my gain.

And what can you do for me? Well, please bear with me here: I've mentioned an interest in Multiple Sclerosis, a condition indirectly responsible for me being a widower far too early. As far as I can tell, there isn't any specific MS research programme in which I can participate, but there is a medical research project called Folding@Home which uses unused processing power of home computers (Windoze, Mac, Linux, UNIX, etc). I have "recently" started a Folding Team and I'd like to ask all of you who don't yet participate in such a scheme to join in Folding@Home. If you do decide to join up, then by all means join my team, Swannys Irregulars, Team Number 37761. And that's the end of the commercial break, I hope I don't get my buttons snipped off for being so bold in my first post!

Now, which way are these star thingummies, up or down? :o

Hi from me in Sheffield and welcome to the SGL.....being as you like rugby union, the game of the gods, we'l forgive you for being a seller of snake oil !!! ...Clear skies to you mon ami..(I also do folding@home, for Team Phoenix Rising...happy crunching and I hope you build a good team)

Archived