Narrowband

jupiter

Wattsy

had a good stare at it just now i've been struggling to see it because after about half 10 it wanders off behind my house so its only visible for a short period of time. was using my sw heritage 3 inch dobsonian and managed to clearly see all 4 galilean moons dead chuffed. still can't pick out m31 or the clusters near cassiopeia though so a bit of work to do yet reckon i need to get myself a star atlas

cheers

matt

Well done Matt !.

I good star atlas is a great idea. I find I need a printed one as well as the Stellarium software. The book "Turn Left at Orion" is a good way to find lots of interesting objects.

Well done Matt !.

I good star atlas is a great idea. I find I need a printed one as well as the Stellarium software. The book "Turn Left at Orion" is a good way to find lots of interesting objects.

Couldnt agree more I'd be lost without mine, but I just look with my own naked eye.

Jonathon.

Archived