Hello stargazers,and clear skies,as i see it's done!

Rols

Hi to all that peruse through this part of the site! scarper.gif

Been using google to find this place over the past few months and not bothered to join as there was no questions i could'nt find an answer to if i looked hard enough, the trouble being if you dont know what question to ask hey!! have arrived at the point where the money is sitting in the bank waiting for the final decission...i have found that final decissions at this level of expense and technology are not as easy as i though they might be!

have been over at the meade site alot because there LS Goto 8" looks like a sound investment for an allrounder although i have no intelectual knowledge of this subject nor confidence in the right decissions at the moment but heck it's only 2k with a couple of eye pieces hey! and you gotta start somewhere..:o (i dont mean that)

anyhow this was the say hi to all thread and not the i need help making the decission thread, you'l see that as my **** twitches a little closer to spending the money! i wish you nice cold nights and clear skies,may your scope take you to all the destiniations you hope to see!

Nice to be here.

Rols.

England.UK, Midlands.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:happy6:Hi Rols welcome this is a really great forum just joined myself and was blown away by the friendly welcomes and banter. You have money burning a hole in your pocket? nothing quite like a bit of retail therapy to put the world right I say and what better to spend it on. all systems go for star gazing heaven..

Hi Rols and welcome to SGL. Regardless of the budget your first scope is a big descision, one that will help you on your way into astronomy. We're all here to back you up because we've all been there and as Brantuk says - we're good at spending other peoples money! :o

Welcome aboard and I look forward to your choice.

Mark

Hi Rols and welcome to the forum.

It certainly does pay you to do your homework as there is a lot of tempting kit out to take advantage of your wallet - take your time and I'm sure you will end up with kit that can match your expectations.

Clear skies

James

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome, now was that because of my warm personality or because i said i was looking to buy a scope! lol Thanks to you all.

@ mark, Quatermass and Brantuk - I like your style!

@ BAZ Senior - Nortampton, right in the heart of the light pollution (should be good for some nice foggy firework displays during the next couple of months!) how about you?

Just so your all aware i started a topic in the begginers section where i shall try to figure out my first purchase and probably ask some dumb questions..feel free to pop in and add some feed back,suggestions, rants about my abillity to take it all on board, what ever it takes to point me in the right direction, dont be offended if you lead the horse to water but it wont drink...i'l get thirsty in the end!

Rols

Archived