Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear Skies in the Lakes

ezza123

Just wanted to say,

I am amazed with the skies in the Lake District, After a very wet Journey from Hampshire, took my dog for a walk near Ambleside, looked up to the sky and had trouble working out Cassiopeia and Cygnus as there were SO MANY stars to see!

The Milky Way I have never seen so clear! I mistook it for cloud!!!

For the peeps that live round here, you have it real good!!!

It's clearing here down in Somerset but I know with all the moisture on the ground the dew will be up very quickly. Nice and dark though. I'll leave it until maybe Sat or Sun night, looks good for Monday if the mess office has it right.. keeping my eye on sat24 though

• 2 weeks later...

Heading to Southwaite near Cockermouth on Wednesday for a week. I know the skies there are excellent - dearly hoping for clear skies as I'm taking my full imaging rig up and hope to do some visual as well. The report from where we are staying is that the sky was absolutely beautiful last week with excellent vies of the Milky Way.

Archived