SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Suffolk

Quatermass

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rusty, looks like I chose a good one then thanks for the welcome and I will give you all a full report on the scope when I get it TOMORROW yeeeehaaaa.... need to get a moon filter as well cant be turning into a were wolf and scaring the residents of bungay now can I..

Hi Astrokev thanks for the welcome nice blog you have got there I will have a proper look at it later on. Those great old sci fi movies I watched growing up in the 60s and 70s really helped spark my intrest in the great unknown just wish I had got myself a telescope a lot sooner mind you I dont think I could have afforded one back in those day to busy buying comic books and skate boards. Ah with age comes wisdom I think...

Hi johnh, thanks for the warm welcome, I just took a quick look at your astrophotography album! what wonderful images really amazing. I have been chatting with a few others on the forum about astrophotography and this something I would really like to get into as I progress with this wonderful hobby.

Today I have my ears glued to the door bell waiting for the delivery of my new sky watcher explorer 200p with an EQ5 mount having upgraded from the 130 that got me started. Now all I need is for the sky to clear this evening but its looking grim with lots of rain and cloud, bet you dont miss the British weather.

Keep you all posted on the new arrival...:o

Hi michigander! :hello2:This is a record for the most welcomes I have ever head when joining a forum what a friendly bunch you all are I get the feeling that star gazers are a chilled out and sociable bunch. Must be all those hours looking into the depth of the universe better then any form of stress relief I can think of, well aside from fishing that is.Still waiting for my new telescope to arrive but I think it wont be here until tomorrow now boo hoo:sad:

Hi Quatermass. The number of welcomes is inversely proportional to the number of stars you can currently see. So here's another one. Welcome.

Hi Pilkinn Hooray hooray the new telescope is here and I am sooo excited please clouds go awaaaayyyy... check my little blog link to see the new scope

welcome:) from a noob from hertfordshire just getting going with my 130pm
Hi Chesty so you have a 130pm nice little scope I just upgraded to the 200p with a EQ5 but that the 130p was for me a really nice first telescope and one that should give you a great deal of pleasure. I upgraded as I wanted to get into astrophotography later and also wanted better views of the deep sky objects. If your thinking of going to a bigger scope I highly recommend the 200p for your next upgrade. Tonight is looking like clear sky in Suffolk so I have set everything up in readiness and looking to give the new scope a full work out. If you would like to see a montage of the 200p from unpacking to full set up take a quick peak at my blog link below. Astro baby site is awesome and full of really helpful stuff thank for the welcome let me know how you get on with your 130 certainly a lot lighter then the 200p wont be running in the house with that :o

Welcome from an eternally cloudy West Midlands.

How dee doo dee, ahh the curse of the eternal clouds:(hope they go away for you soon iamzoso60, have you not been able to get any clear nights of late? Suffolk was cloudy for weeks but mercifully gave me a break last night allowing me to play with my new telescope and get some great views of M13.:(

Archived