Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dew beating

Hi there, as a new member and owner of a Celestron cpc, I have been reading the posts on dew forming on sct's.

things have changed rapidly with the end of summer and heavy dew is forming most nights.

I have a meade sn. and made a dew sheild from a flexible camping mat, some type of dense foam.

This did hold off the dew for approx one hour longer than not having one but the dew finally shows its presence and stops the show.

I have been researching home made dew strips and dew strip controllers.

Does any one have experience of making either, if so can you advise on how best to proceed/ point me to a web site with info.

Unless I will be risking damage to my new scope I thought this would be a worthwile project not that i am any way an electronics wizz, but managed to convert a toucam for long exposure 2 yrs ago.

I have a Maplins store in the town where I work and they probably have the bits.

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

Archived