Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Apologies

geoff_k

Already posted an image elsewhere but should have introduced myself first.

Very rude of me.

I live in Yeovil in Somerset and have been doing this astronomy lark for a while now. I have a large Newtonian 250mm F4.8 reflector and a small Skywatcher APO ED80 refractor. These are mounted on an HEQ5 with a Synscan Go-to system. I mostly do imaging of the planets, but I am starting to get into Deep-Sky stuff. However, the learning curve is steep and opportunities limited.

I have an ATIK Long-exposure camera and a Toucam Pro, far too many eyepieces, attachments and fiiters and a bottomless supply of curses. This is mostly due to the fact that either the weather is garbage, or my efforts are pathetic due to encroaching old age and senility.

It's a pleasure to meet you all (eventually).

Geoff Knight

This is mostly due to the fact that either the weather is garbage, or my efforts are pathetic due to encroaching old age and senility.

Definately the weather Geoff... :D

Good to have you here, and I shall look forward to more of your imaging..

Caz :D

Hi Geoff, welcome from another newbie to the forum. We're almost neighbours (well 40 mins apart). Spent quite a bit of time in Yeovil over the past couple of years.

Nice picture of Saturn BTW.

Andy.

Archived