Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep M110

paulobao

Hello,

This is one of my last AP session (8-11 sept).

I took 11x 6 min subs of M110 with my C9.25 @ 1492mm + QSI532WS-M1 and a Clear filter.

The aim (not a great picture of M110) but:

1- go deep and identifying most (?) of the fuzzies at M110

2- catching asteroid 2006 YL13 in front of M110

3- revealing some of the the high proper motion stars in the "M110" area.

Here the results:

1 - identification of fuzzies at M110 (using the "Revised Bologna Catalog of M31 globular clusters ,Galleti et al, 2004"). I have now the 2009 catalog with almost 10 000 objects of the M31+M110 region but I had no time yet to transform it in CDC format catalog!)

medianm110scaledlegend2.jpg

2- catching asteroid 2006 YL13 at mag 18.9 in a low contrast region. By the way, the astrometric data reduction gave me another position error (the real position if way different of the MPC position as you may see in the second GIF! Red rectangle is the MPC position and the pink circle is my position!)

m1102006yl13.gif

animao2006yl13.gif

3- revealing some of the the high proper motion stars in the "M110" area. I made a 2 image animation using my stacked image of M110 and a POSS II - DSS2 image of 1989. You may see those stars moving (Proper motion).

m110propermotionv1.gif

Once again, I hope you do not have bothered with these kind of images!

Regards,

paulobao

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you started posting the very pretty DSO;s I thought you had gone "soft" on us Paulo. Great to see that you are still keen as ever with your asteroids.

This post is fascinating. Where do you get your info from as to the tiny globs and galaxies? I often sit staring at my pics and wondering what else is hidden in there.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks all for seeing and for the comments :-).

TJ, I kept my interest in astrometry and photometry! I have my observatory almost done and I build it specially for that kind of work! I usually do not post that kind of work here because I think is a little boring. We expect to see good pics here :-)., not data!

You my find lots of extra catalogs for your planetarium I'm sure!. I found this one (for CDC) with a few hundreds of objects only for the M31+M110 region. But I will try to generate a new catalog for CDC with the 2009 revised edition of the Bologna Catalog (with almost 10 000 objects only for that region)! You can too, go to a astronomy data base like SIMBAD, NED,...and plot your area of interest with the nearby objects. For example, I used SIMBAD to know the High Proper Motion stars at M110 (via Aladin). Give it a try!

About the stars with the same intensity: in these GIFs they are not that great but they are passable! I usually "normalize" my frames after the registration process so all images will have similar ADU values for corresponding pixels (and area and features).

Cheers,

paulo

Fascinating is most definitely the word. The proper motion gif was particularly interesting.

I also like to try and find any other faint DSOs in my images over and above the main subject. I can occasionally make out the odd fuzzy, though it's no where near to the level of your achievement, but it's interesting all the same.

Thanks for sharing it with us and look forward to seeing some more. By the way, what mount do you have?

i agree with previous comments

Superb result again paulo, and this is far from BORING,

starting to get me intersted in asteroids aswell

take it u need very good skills, scope and camera to pick up the faint asteroids ?

(ur scope has limiting mag of less than 15 i imagine?(for viewing?)

what is faintest object u have ever captured ? (viewing and imaging)

regards James

Archived