SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Widefield Orion's Sword in HaRGB

SteveL

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all, I didnt know it had been selected until my phone lit up with texts and emails this morning....

Have you done the " Pillars of creation " in this much detail ? (Its my fav)..

The PoC is a *MUCH* smaller field of view than this, and something I just dont have the kit to image properly.

Congratulations on making APOD

The first words that came into my head when seeing the picture were all expletives.

It's amazing how much is out there that our eyes simply cant see. Thanks you for showing it to us.

So, an absolutely stunning image produced by 4 excellent imagers one of whom just happens to be a processing guru.

Imagine if all the talented imagers on here could collaberate on just one image a month.

The bar would be raised so high........

This one was more an ad-hoc data collection, and certainly not planned in any way. Maurice's RGB data is from winter 2009, my large scale Ha data was taken at Kelling in September 2010, my M42 RGB data used as luminance was taken December 2008, Daz's horsehead data was Kelling in September 2010, and TJs flame was ...err... a while back :o. It was only a crazy idea that came to life when I found Maurice's RGB data via a link on Olly's Les Grange website, and realised the FoV from his data and my Ha data were very similar. There was absolutely no planning on this image,it all just happened...

The problem with large scale projects that are actually planned in advance is that the weather knows what you want to do, and refuses to behave. A few of us had plans for large scale HaRGB mosaic collaboration of the Cygnus region over the summer... I think that was the last time I saw clear sky :)

OMG!!! that has to be one of the most stunning images I have seen Steve, can't stop looking at it and my wife who takes a polite interest in my attempts was in a good old northern slang way was totally gob-smacked.

• 1 year later...

Archived