Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher mak 127 goto-az

Hi all. Have had this nifty little scope for a few weeks, but having problems doing alignments. I enter the data on set up including my lat and long for S.Hemisphere - that is east and south.

146'40 E 19' 16 S

Alas, it still thinks I am in N.Hem and goes in oposite directions when trying to align. :(

When I go into the utility re position it says dec +70'44, RA 22hr14.

It thinks I am in N.Hemisphere doesnt it. ;)

When attaching the moun to the tripod, there is no little pin that I am supp to turn to South??

On the bottom of the mount there is a big S, but dont know what I am supp to do there???

I know a LOT of you have this scope, and think that its just something little I am not doing.

Thanks. :icon_salut:

Your coordinates look ok for Northern Queensland, did you set the time zone to +10.00 and input the date in the correct format mm/dd/yyyy ? Do you have the latest version of the AZ firmware (3.07) ?

Peter

Thanks Peter ..... yes, +10.00, but havent got the latest firmware, so suppose is worth a shot. Yes date is right too. :icon_salut:

I am yet to upgrade the firmware, but is there a screw/knob on the mount that I alter for S/hemisphere?

In the Utility location function, should mine be +70 when in S.Hem??

cheeers, Liz.

The setting for which hemisphere you are in is controlled by your local coordinates you inputted into your handset. I don't know about the Utility location function.

Peter

Archived