SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Skywatcher large-aperture Dobsonians

FLO

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These dimensions will be of interest those of us who are vertically challenged :icon_salut:

Height of the eyepiece above the ground when the telescope is pointing vertically:

14" 156cm (61.5 inches)

16" 178cm (70cm inches)

The 14" would do me nicely but I'd need a milk-crate for the 16" :(

Steve

These dimensions will be of interest those of us who are vertically challenged :icon_salut:

Height of the eyepiece above the ground when the telescope is pointing vertically:

14" 156cm (61.5 inches)

16" 178cm (70cm inches)

The 14" would do me nicely but I'd need a milk-crate for the 16" ;)

Steve

I'd need a milk crate for the 14" and a stepladder for the 16"!! :(

31" dammit. Door between garage and back room is about 26", door between back room and back garden 30".

Can you get them through a smaller space if you tip them on their side a bit or are they taller than they are wide? How wide is the 12" version? Ta.

Well...this is interesting as it opens up (being as these scopes are mainly aimed at visual use, though the tracking is more than good enough for some serious planetary imaging!), an opportunity for someone to come up with a simple, and just big enough slide back obsy...like those plastic sentry box types you get in homebase, but on rails maybe...

16" F5 with a Powermate and a Skynyx on it...nice!

Just measured my doors at 79cm, this is going to be tight!!

Very tight Rossco72, my doorway is 81cm and I am expecting scuff marks on the doorpaint after the first few times the 'scope is used.

C'est la vie - i will tell the wife it is the cat sharpening her claws. Anne is a great cat fan and so the cat will get away with it, and so will I. :icon_salut:

Steve has gone a bit quiet over the last two days though, I hope that having raised our hopes, the 'scopes are available soon. I have just sold my 12" Flextube Dob to help fund the new 14" GOTO. So am down to only one 'scope for observing.

Tom

We have some measurements from Skywatcher's distributer:

The Skywatcher Skyliner 350P FlexTube base is 79cm (31 inches) diameter.

The Skywatcher Skyliner 400P Flextube base is 86cm (34 inches) diameter.

HTH,

Steve

For real? The 16" lightbridge base diameter is 31.5", and that is *huge*. The base on the XX14i is 28.5" according to Orion.

The Skywatcher Skywatcher Skyliner 350P FlexTube and Skywatcher 350p Flextube GOTO are now available for dispatch. We have reserved enough to cover all pre-orders but we are having trouble reaching some of you, probably because you are at the Kielder Star party.

Those who have completed their order today can expect delivery Friday.

If you have one on pre-order please contact us when able.

Please see our website for pricing :o

skywatcher_350p_flextube_goto_dobsonian.jpg

Archived