SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Newbie from Dorset

AndyM

Hello eveyone. I'm Andy, 41 years old from deepest darkest Dorset. I've always had an interest in astronomy and after using a set of 7x50 binoculars for a few years have recently bought my first scope, a 70mm Skywatcher refractor which I am really pleased with when I get the chance to look through it (I have three young sons all of whom are very keen to see what Daddy's looking at!). I am lucky enough to live in an area with no light pollution so once this ******* fog clears I hope to be outside learning my way around the sky.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

don't worry guys. it won't last. There will be a large enough town coming soon to a dark site near you. :D

AstroPhethean

How true this is. Our nearest town is 5 miles away but the amount of building going on there means its getting closer every day. Orange skies will soon be mine. :D

Andy.

Archived