SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Second Widefield with my new mod

Ok, so last night I braved the cold weather and tried out my new rig / mod. Details can be found here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/114527-my-first-home-made-piece-kit.html

Not the best shot around and its taken about 3 hours of processing and tinkering to get something I am pleased with:

Deneb with North America Nebula

digz-albums-widefield-picture6887-ngc7000-widefield-70mm-vrs1.jpg

Taken with NEQ6 Pro, Nikon D200 with 70-200VR f2.8 lens @ 70mm. 10 shots at around 120s each ISO800 stacked in DSS and processed in CS4.

I added the red hue to it and tweaked until the image was something I liked aesthetically. Took me a while to realise I have captured NGC7000 at the bottom even though that was my intention!

There is a lot of ampglow at the edges as my camera batteries died whilst taking the darks and I only managed to get two. Only lights, darks and bias, no flats yet, which would help remove some dust bunnies present.

There is a lot I can do to improve this shot but for a first attempt I am really pleased.

Thank you for looking and I appreciate any comments you may have.

Archived