Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun 25 Sept in H-alpha

sheri_barri

The skies never did clear properly today but a few glimpses of the sun were possible.... between showers yet again.

The surface remains active with sunspot groups AR1108 and 1109 showing a lot of activity. Several more faint proms are visible on the limbs with an interesting filament that appears like a dashed arc across the face of the Sun. Not many usable frames were available for stacking today due to the intermittent cloud and showers. Hope that enough remained to do justice to the features. If this is on the build up to solar maximum, I can't wait to see what the surface will reveal then.

post-15561-133877486636_thumb.jpg

It was terrible, wasn't it?

I was trying to view between 3 and 4 and I would get a few seconds before the next back of clouds came over. It was the first sun I've seen in weeks as well (but there may have been more while I was busy....)

Anyway, you did well there - very nice work :)

Andrew

Archived