Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A bit about me

Astrokev

Hi All,

Been interested in astronomy since the Apollo moon shots. Built a 6" Newtonian with my dad as part of a school astronomy O level project back in the 70's and was hooked.

Built a 10" Dob from David Hinds optics in early 80's, later overhauled and upgraded to an EQ Titan mount by the talented Phil Stone of Superscopes fame (as was).

Was part of the inaugural membership of the wonderful Bedford Astronomy Society in 1987 (thanks Eagleseye for having the insight and drive to start this up).

Interest waned over the last few years due to lack of time due to work and family, but now getting back into it.

Currently planning the hopeful build of a run-off roof observatory, so that I can get more use out of the scope and, if funds permit, would like to upgrade again to a PC operable mount and maybe a new tube assembly....watch this space.

Some great material here on SGL, and am currently devouring all the amazing posts on observatory construction to give me ideas!

Kevin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived