Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Petervde

Region of Sadr in h-alpha

This is the result of 130 minutes of exposure (4x25m, 2x15m) of the region around Sadr (gamma Cygni) with a modified 450D, Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 lens and an Astronomik 12nm h-alpha clip-in filter.

5017254222_7a18b3c9f5_b.jpg

Peter

Thats a beaut!.. lots of interest ... not that it needs it but are you going to lay the RGB over it?

Wonderful stuff anyway :)

Guy

Hi Olly,

I have tried processing the image in different ways to make the Soap Bubble Nebula visible, but I don't think it's in there.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Peter

That's a really excellent DSLR image Peter. 25 min exposures are very long; you were lucky you didn't catch any aircraft, I would have had 2 or 3 in that time :) Did you get any field rotation ?

Robert

Hi Robert,

Yep, there is field rotation in the image ... unfortunately. Subs of 25 minutes are quite long and I have done the polar alignment with the polar scope on the Losmandy GM-8. I should have used the drift method to finetune the polar alignment.

Peter