Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A bit about me.

Martin Whitaker

Hi all , not very good at working out how to send messages, had to get my daughter to sort me out.

I have been interested in space- NASA since primary school, 6 years ago I bought a Meade lxd 75 schmidt newtonion scope, but had quite a lot of issues with the go-to system , some of this was my ineptitude but generally only used it without go-to.

i live in Cumbria in a small village with amazing dark sky but also very cold temps. in winter.

I have saved up and just bough a celestron cpc 800 at the reduced offer price.

Don't get me wrong but would not have bought this at full cost as I could not warrant that outlay.

fortunatley I have an understanding wife and family who are also interested in what I have been able to see so hope I have bought a scope that I can manage to use . Used it for first time last Thursday on the moon and took photo;s with my camera.

Any way thats enough for now.

Cheers.

Martin.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Martin and welcome to the forum.

It can seem there is a lot to learn when getting into astronomy, especially the equipment side but in fact most of it is fairly straight forward once you give a little time to it.

Clear skies for your new scope!

James

Archived