Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Craig Sanclearo

New to astronomy

Hi everyone

By chance I was at Kelling Heath on the Monday after the star party. Just there with family for a few days relaxation and a spot of nature watching. However, since returning home we have purchased our first ever telescope. A Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT Mak and the accompanying NexImage camera.

We'd pretty much gate-crashed the tail end of the party, but I must say that the atmosphere at Kelling was so friendly from the moment we arrived. Many astronomers gave me the opportunity to view the night sky through their impressive telescopes.

So, here begins the steep learning curve. We've just booked a weekend away at our first official star party - we'll be the ones with the lens cap still on.

Craig

Hi Craig and welcome to the forum.

Yes I have to agree that the Kelling Heath Star Party was good but don't forget that this forum also has star parties so keep a look out for announcements for next year!

Clear skies

James

Hi Craig - glad you enjoyed Kelling - it's a smashing star party and one of the biggest each equinox. It's great to hear we got another convert lol. Welcome to the group :)

Welcome to SGL Craig, I was at the Kelling Heath star party this year.

The weather wasn't as good this year as previous years but we have a couple of clear nights.

Have a look through the star party board - you never know you might see someone you recognise!

Cheers

ant

Hi Craig,

Welcome to SGL! It was a pleasure to meet you and your family at Kelling.

Little Matthew says "hello!"

Best of luck with your new 'scope!

Hi Craig

A warm welcome to the SGL good luck with your new scope

Doug

Essex

Nice First telescope matey, Still on my first scope 4 years on and only just looking for an upgrade on my mount. Thats going to keep you going fo a lot longer than mine.. Welcome aboard

Welcome! I was at Kelling, which was awesome. Such a great site and the good company of other astronomers made it what it is. My first time there, like you :icon_salut: