Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New to astronomy

Craig Sanclearo

Hi everyone

By chance I was at Kelling Heath on the Monday after the star party. Just there with family for a few days relaxation and a spot of nature watching. However, since returning home we have purchased our first ever telescope. A Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT Mak and the accompanying NexImage camera.

We'd pretty much gate-crashed the tail end of the party, but I must say that the atmosphere at Kelling was so friendly from the moment we arrived. Many astronomers gave me the opportunity to view the night sky through their impressive telescopes.

So, here begins the steep learning curve. We've just booked a weekend away at our first official star party - we'll be the ones with the lens cap still on.

Craig

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Craig, I was at the Kelling Heath star party this year.

The weather wasn't as good this year as previous years but we have a couple of clear nights.

Have a look through the star party board - you never know you might see someone you recognise!

Cheers

ant

Archived