SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astro photography in a box

glennbech

This little box has made my life so much easier. It looks like a mess, but it contains all the cables, the usb hub, 12v cigarette charger socket (dual soon), gpusb, dsusb and now eqmod.

I'm waiting for a package from astronomizer with a 12v adapter for my 10D. When that arrives, I am all set for all night photo sessions from the comfort of my living room ;-)

When I setup I take the box out, puts it on a chair, connects the mount's power with a cable with banana plugs, one usb cable goes my laptop.

It's been a revolution in setup and teardown time. All i have to work on now is how to stop the cables from tangling in there ;-)

I will also try to get the usb hub powered from the 12v adapter in there. That way it will be only one power cable going into the box.

Just wanted to share, just in case somebody is struggeling with setup/teardown times ;-)

post-15053-133877485619_thumb.jpg

I have a box too! It simplfies set up no end. This thead show my setup. I've recently changed the box to one of those Stanley wheeled tool boxes. All the wires and power stuff are in the bottom, and some heavy stuff is in the top. This is wheeled round from the garage.

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-discussion/102899-typical-nights-setup-ba-towers.html

Archived