SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I purchased the 'Noels actions' set for photoshop after reading on here that they are good for improving astro photos. I installed the CS pack as that is the version i have. However, when I ran some of them on my images i had some 'action' steps returning errors such as 'expand not available' and a few others. Anyone else use these , or had similar problems. Sure its just a silly thing on my part but i thought i would consult the collective knowledge here :-)

It can be a bit confusing but they will ONLY act on a layer with an image in it, and only on that layer.

I usually copy all the layers and then flatten them - shortcut is select all layers you want and press shift-ctrl-alt-E all together - yep 4 buttons together(don't ya love shortcuts :)). Then run the action on that layer.

As said above they should be 16bit RGB images.

Paul

I've had mysterious spells when I have had to proceed by confirming individual parts of an Action but such spells seem to go away on their own leaving me none the wiser.

I am an IT numpty so I accept these mysteries as part of the rich tapestry of life (or confirmation of the incompetence of the IT industry, depending on the beer intake at the time...)

Noel is a nice guy who will reply if you ask him and he is far from incompetent, as is rather obvious!

Olly

Archived