sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Astronomers in Aberdeenshire?

poltabs

Been living in Aberdeenshire for a year now and still dont anyone into astronomy up here, so any other members out there interested in meeting up and start observing together?

I have a great dark site, lots of space and some telescopes others can use.

Anyone out there like minded interested in meeting up for observing and astro photography?

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I'm based at Banchory-Devenick - what about you? AAS meet in Newtonhill every so often, also at the University where they have an observatory. Mostly too busy to join them unfortunately.

Just PM me if you want to meet up!

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Shame you are a far way away, sadly the AAS meetings would be about 1.5 hours drive each way, was hoping there was someone or group about closer.

I will give you a shout to met up, would be good to meet you and see your kit as you have different kit to me

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin, I am in Stuartfield which is about 30 mins from Turriff. I mght be up for meeting up later on in the year. Just had knee surgery so getting about/sitting/standing is a bit of trick.

I'll also read up on the whole astronomy thing as i'm just a newbie at the moment

Thanks Bill I may well pop along for a meeting in Elgin, its abit closer than AAS (about an hour away each way).

Malx - once you have recovered you are more than welcome to come and visit, you can have use of both my visual and imaging set up if you like too. Drop me a mail when you are feeling fitter

Cheers

Kevin

• 1 year later...

Hi Kevin,

I noticed your posting and thought I`d drop you a line. I live just outside Turriff, beside Birkenhills. I have a telescope, which I have used once, but that was a while ago, have set it up this year but cannot see anything?! I`m new to all this, but wondered if you fancied meeting up. Maybe you could show me how to use it! :D Have been watching Stargazing Live, which has kick started my interest again!

Hope to hear from you, Yvonne

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Yvonne,

I shall also jump onto this thread, and hopefully bump it up again.

Are any of the original posters still around? I am in Westhill and just starting out as well, would be good to meet with other Cox-O'Brien casualties, as well as more experienced and tooled up astronomers.

Edited by lc8neal

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this thread has been out of action for quite a while but just wondered if there was anyone out there near Ellon? I have just started but would be really keen to meet up with other beginner/experienced astronomers in the local area. Would be good to compare notes etc.