Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1min subs m27

astrokat

more light intake on such short exposures bud

Is it actually more light intake or just an amplification of the voltage when reading from the cells?

My understanding is that ISO 1600 can cause quite a lot of noise and ergo - less sensitivity than ISO 800.

I've only just started experimenting (non scientifically) on the exposure settings. I started with ISO 800 as it seemed high without going as high as 1600.

I actually prefer this in some ways to the (albeit superb) much longer shots. this really shows the object more in line with the classic description of an apple core - it really does look like one.

it's also closer to the visual image (which is the way I see it as I don't really do AP) and would be even more so in monochrome.

great result!

thanks guys from what i understand from the 1000d there is low noise anyway and if you get enough subs u equal noise to signal ratio

i look forward to seeing your image neil

i really need to get my guiding mount set up on my 10" and get some proper use out of the 10" as ive only used 2 times for imaging

hear is also a 15min total in 1 min subs of bubble nebula its a bit poo and i had to strech to the max

post-16988-133877483927_thumb.jpg

I actually prefer this in some ways to the (albeit superb) much longer shots. this really shows the object more in line with the classic description of an apple core - it really does look like one.

it's also closer to the visual image (which is they way I see it as I don't really do AP) and would be even more so in monochrome.

great result!

I second that - although I do do AP. It's a lovely image and quite impressive for the short length of the subs.

James

Archived