Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another kind of "New Scope" syndrome!

F15Rules

You know how when you buy a new scope, or eyepiece etc, the skies just close up and refuse to open again?

Well, there's another manifestation of this I reckon...I had surgery for a double hernia last Friday (first time I'd been in hospital as a patient for 50 years!), and am now convalescing at home for 2-3 weeks.

The good part is that I can spend loads of time looking at astro sites, dealer ads and generally immersing myself in my hobby:hello2:...BUT..I have been told in no uncertain terms that I cannot lift any meaningful weight for a month, and as for scopes sitting on CG-5 mounts...forget it for at least 8 weeks! So, what happens? We have had three superb clear nights this week alone, with another one forecast for tonight!

And I can't even pick up a new pair of binoculars!

Maybe we could arrange an SGL group of oldies like me, whereby we could schedule one of us for surgery every week for a year...we might hit the jackpot with clear skies every week:p:p

good luck to you lucky ones who have been, and will be, out there this week:):)

cheers

Dave

Rest up Dave !!

Never fear, the clouds will roll in when you're up and ready to go again. Hehehe.

I did notice on the weather forcast, a nice big high off to the left, so fingers crossed, it leads to plenty of clear skies.

Cheers,

Andy.

Many thanks for your good wishes guys:)..

Earl, I don't do imaging so far, but it has given me the chance to spend hours browsing astro sites on the net...and dream of huge apo refractors and other goodies..

hope you've all had some great views this week..

cheers

Dave

Archived