sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

1st EVER picture of anything....

eddy

Let me know what you think guys! Done this tonight, only got 400 frames so i know thats 1 thing i can improve on.

Taken with a Spc900nc using a CG4 (hand tracked) with a WO ZS80II :) Im quite pleased myself, but any comments or tips are always welcomed! Thanks

Eddy

post-19027-133877482557_thumb.jpg

Edited by eddy

Yep 1st EVER ASTRO IMAGE! Webcam, stacking etc, and manually tracked! lol was great fun, just wish id have spent more time on it, maybe next time..

Think M31 would be worth a go with a webcam? Or would i just be wasting my time?

Thanks again guys! :)

Eddy

Wow Eddy

For your first ever image and "hand tracked too" that is brilliant !! :)

When you get the drive motors and polarscope you will find it much easier.

For a first effort that would put many of us to shame.

Well done mate.

Graham

Edited by gfletcher

Thanks for the replies guys, its very encouraging to get them! :) Ill be getting more ASAP i assure you, problem was i was only using 5FPS would it help using say 10-15FPS? I know ill get more data that way, but i read that the resolution of each frame goes down as the frame rate goes up....is that right?

Thanks

Eddy

Thanks John :) I have a lot of things i want to try, like More frames, software zoom (through lack of barlows) This was taken using a 2x Tal barlow, without it, all i got was a beach ball with no detail, i did try and process it but got nothing but a white streak lol

Anyways, if you guy have any comments, tips or things to try ie. Settings for cam etc id be happy to hear them! :) Thanks again

PS > WHAT FPS WOULD YOU RECCOMEND? 5/10/15? :icon_eek:

Eddy

Edited by eddy

Thanks Guys! :) Like i said, as soon as i get chance there will be more, hopefully better images! That took me an hour to get setup (at a remote location) take a few AVI's and pack up (it was late and i just got in from work!) But none the less, not a bad start! :)

Thanks again

Eddy