1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

Bright Object ID please...

TheFishman

I live in the Midlands and ever since the beginning of August between the hours of 11pm and roughly 4am I have seen a very bright object steadily "travel" from NE to SW whilst I am looking to the south. Some said, at first, it would be the ISS, but I was under the impression the ISS travelled rather quickly, this takes 5 hours. Then some said a planet, but I am not so sure. Someone here will be able to tell me no doubt - Thank you very much.

Its so bright, I can see it with the naked eye - even cloudy when I cannot see any other stars. I've been seeing it since the middle of August - I was thinking Jupiter, I could think of nothing else - I think it is quite amazing that I am able to see it move across the sky like that!

Thanks very much - Stellarium looks great! So Jupiter it is. It's so bright and I can clearly make out what look like the moons, even with the naked eye (well I see them as sort of bulges, an irregular shape). It must look even better through some optics!