Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How do i Allign when using Ascom?

Im using PC Direct mode with Cartes du Ciel and the Ascom platform, i input the time date etc on the handset (i have to go through this routine before i can select PC direct mode) then when ive done the dates etc, the hanset gives me the 24 hour clock of where Polaris should be positioned on the circle in the alignment scope, the handset asks if i want to do the star alignment,(which i dont) i then click PC direct mode and let Cartes du Ciel take over after ive connected and uparked on Ascom.

When i slew to an object, its never in my field of view in the eyepiece.

Is there any way to do a star alignment with Ascom or Cartes du Ciel?

GoTo the object and get it centered up in your EP or camera, then in CDC click Telescope-Sync Current Object. That will re-align CDC with your scope and save the alignment data in EQMod, do this a couple of times with stars in the local area to build a sky map in EQMod.

In EQMod make sure that 'save data on park' is ticked

Thanks for the replies,Martin/Merlin very much appreciated:)

Merlin, i am using EQMOD, i get mixed up at times with whats EQMOD and Whats ASCOM etc, it sure is one steep learning curve converting from the handset to controling everything and using a laptop to do it all, especially when you throw in programs for star charts and guiding software, not to mention software for webcams etc, i guess the mind becomes bogged down with information when loaded up with everything all at once!:)

Thanks for the replies,Martin/Merlin very much appreciated:)

Merlin, i am using EQMOD, i get mixed up at times with whats EQMOD and Whats ASCOM etc, it sure is one steep learning curve converting from the handset to controling everything and using a laptop to do it all, especially when you throw in programs for star charts and guiding software, not to mention software for webcams etc, i guess the mind becomes bogged down with information when loaded up with everything all at once!:)

Information overload - join the club:)

Archived