0.965in eyepieces or 1.25in adaptor

Does anybody know if you can still get 0.965in eyepieces? Or does someone have some they would like to find a new home for?? I have been restoring an elderly 4.1/2in reflector and converting it to a dob for a friend. It takes push fit eyepieces and the two it came with are OKish but I wonder if there are better alternatives. The other option is machining up an adaptor for 1.25in EPs but how does the increased distance from mirror to EP work out? Any info would be greatly appreciated. The telescope in question has a focal length of 800mm and once I got it collimated its not too bad at low mag. It is badged 'Topic' and apparently dates from 1976. It came with an appalling tripod, hence the dob conversion.

This guy on ebay (USA) eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace normally has a good selection , so do Scopes'n'skies in their Astro-boot section.AstroBoot I just got a cracking 1" Meade 2x Barlow from them and a good 1" 15mm Meade EP

The Topic Reflectors and Refractors were made in Japan so are quite good quality , similar to the Prinz items of the time.

Paul

Archived