Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon with 80mm and New Phone

SteelRat

Got my SE 800i phone today. Got this one of the moon with it. Was trying lots of EP/filter combos and sort of lost track abit, but I THINK this pic was with my Tal 17mm SP and Ngrey filter. Single frame of course. It's a right b#gger to line up with the eyepiece this phone, so will try to build a bracket before Saturn is up there at a REASONABLE time :)

image.jpg

(click on thumbnail to make bigger)

Thanks all.

Will get some baader film soon to make a new full aperture filter and try some Solar with it. Looking forward to having a go with my Tal 100r too - just need to get hold of (or make) an accessory tray for the bottom of the tripod for the extra rigidity I have with the 80mm setup. I think I'll probly wait till I've built a phone bracket too. Holdin the phone to the eyepiece is a REAL pain.

Well, I swapped the SE800i 3.2mp for a Samsung D900 at the orange shop the other day. Could NOT get the d#amned thing to pick up the pleiades as good as with the little 1.3mp Nokia. Unfortunately the Samsung aint much better and is no-where NEAR as good as EITHER at the moon. Probly should've gone for the Nokia N73 but will not be getting another Nokia until they stop plasterin their phones in all that fake chrome - just a personal taste thing, y'know?

Ah well, that'll probly be it from me on the mobile phone pics for a year - till next upgrade. Will keep tryin with the Samsung but won't be pinning too many hopes. At least it's a lovely phone. And I still got the 1.3 for fun.

Anyone with a nice BIG (6"up) scope and a half decent phone gonna go for a shot of M42? Go on, have a go - for fun.

Archived